Ever been frustrated enough to "kill" your project? Then you've contemplated SEWICIDE.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Selfish Sewing, Part 1

Yay, selfish sewing!  I've been rounding up projects, finishing little things and making some others and I was ready for something new for myself.  Big Daddy reconned some absolutely GORGEOUS knit from a garage sale for me and inspiration smacked me in the gob.

New dress for Momma.  Like, right now.
So pretty.  And even close up...




I did the back in the contrast knit because I just couldn't squeak out the back bodice from the fantastic ikat knit.  I'm thrilled with the way it turned out and it feels absolutely wonderful on. 
The pattern was a simple McCall's. The gathers in the front and back are very flattering and, if Big Daddy can be trusted to give an honest opinion where my feelings are concerned, it looks as good as it feels.
I am definitely making this again in anything I can find.  The possibilities are endless and I can whip one of these out in a day.  Plus, the Pretty.

Shared on 

No comments:

Post a Comment