Ever been frustrated enough to "kill" your project? Then you've contemplated SEWICIDE.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Butterick Retro Pattern Orgasm

Joann's had Butterick patterns on sale for $1 from Aug 22-24.  I went absolutely NUTS for the Retro line.  As a big girl, these patterns are very pricey ($20 each!) and not in the usual catalogues.  So, at any opportunity, I grab them like a shrieking fishwife at a fire sale. 
Such beauty and elegance!  And such amazing possibilities!
And in sizes I can actually wear and use.  I'm so excited for the mash-up possibilities, the color blocking and fabric blending, the mind BOGGLES.  Or bottles, if you're a Blades of Glory fan.  And I AM. 
Because these are Retro (as opposed to Vintage), I'm much less hesitant to cut on them and tape pieces together.  But I do have an awesome hipster shirt in the works that will KILL.  

More on that later.  For now, revel in the Retro lusciousness with me.  And Dream...

No comments:

Post a Comment