Ever been frustrated enough to "kill" your project? Then you've contemplated SEWICIDE.

Friday, July 26, 2013

Almond Curry Deliciousness - plus mom's the dinner HERO!

So, I'm gonna show you the end result first, then tell you how I accomplished this small miracle:

I know, it's amazing.  Tertia (who is not the least bit food-motivated) cleaned her plate.  This never happens.  And I managed this so simply and not on my own.  In my crock pot, I added some of these, frozen:
 To a still frozen package of this:

Then I drenched the chicken and broccoli in a whole bottle of the most wonderful marinade I've ever tasted.  I got the bottle from the wonderful woman I want to adopt as my Grammy.  
This is her boyfriend who makes this:  

I set the crock pot on low for about 4 hours and soon, the most delectable smell started to waft from my kitchen.  Cook this low and slow.  Oh. Mah. Gah.  I couldn't stop opening it and tasting!

For a side/starch/sauce absorber, I made brown rice with flax.  

Also a pot of delicious.  The flax gets nice and toothsome without being sharp.  Plus, the cooking liquid included some of the chicken sauce, hence the rich color.  It was obscenely good.  

I can go on and on about how healthy the dinner was, whole grain blar-de-blar, but really it was so freaking awesome to serve and eat that I just won't bore you.  Got it started by 10am, we could have served anytime from 1pm on.  I'll just remind you what Tertia thought:
Yep, it's a win. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment